TestingThe accuracy of seroprevalence is dependent on a number of factors including
- the size of the sample tested as a proportion of the general population
- the representative nature of that population in terms of age, sex, socio-economic conditions, ethnicity, size of household, number of social interactions, occupation etc.
|Photo by Colin D on Unsplash|
- the accuracy of the tests, especially if these are physically difficult to administer. Covid-19 tests are quite physically intrusive as they require a throat swab.
- the accurate record keeping of the testers
- the potential for cross-contamination
- the estimated number of false positives and false negatives.